01 02 03 113 things to say: Bayonne Diaries 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Bayonne Diaries

34
















Narrow streets, colourful houses and a gorgeous cathedral in the centre - if you have ever visited the south west of France, you know immediately which city I am talking about: Bayonne. A while ago I visited this beautiful place for a day and maybe, just maybe you can remember my Instagram picture of all the colourful houses or my tweets that I'm officially in blogger's paradise. Which was definitely true - after walking through heavy rain I finally found a little café with shortbread, cupcakes, white tea and the best wifi in the world. If you're a blogger I am sure you can understand my excitement. So while it was raining I stayed there enjoying my breakfast and catching up on some blog posts. Luckily, the weather did not stay like this for the rest of the day so as the clock struck 11 the rain suddenly stopped and I went out to explore what Bayonne had to offer. Which surprisingly, was a lot even though Bayonne isn't as touristic as Biarritz or Bordeaux. I spent the majority of my time taking pictures of all the stunning little houses, eating cake and just walking through all the narrow streets, exploring the centre of the city. I came across many cafés and shops, walked through the park next to the old castle and I also visited the market and the city hall which are both located at the riverside. 

After taking a walk along the river, I walked back to the centre of the city to visit the Bayonne Cathedral, the most famous sight of the city. Its architecture was simply stunning and it was just as beautiful as the cathedrals I had visited in Bordeaux. During the day the weather had changed from really wet and grey to really warm and sunny so I spontaneously decided to spend the rest of the afternoon at the beach in Anglette. I had heard that this was the most beautiful beach of the region and when I arrived I could understand why - in contrast to other beaches the beach of Anglette goes on for miles and it is truly idyllic. I was also one of the only people out there so I got to enjoy a really peaceful and quiet end of the day. However stressed I am feeling, being near the sea always calms me down. Does anyone else feel the same? A day at the seaside means pure relaxation to me. All in all I can definitely recommend visiting the beach of Anglette and Bayonne so if you're travelling to the south of France make sure to add in an extra day for these two. 

What do you think of Bayonne? If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would that be? x 

More travelling

Bordeaux Diaries
Biarritz Diaries

Labels:

35 36 37 38